CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

sun, shoes, veg and worms

I haven't posted anything in a while. It was my birthday, very fun but busy weekend. The weather couldn't be better. 20 degrees for the last 3 days has given me the first sunburn of the year. I went out for lunch and drinks with Whitney on Saturday after work, then off to the Vancouver Public Library booksale to increase my inventory. Then later to dinner at Anduccii's. Sunday was Sushi Lunch (breakfast) with Sarah and Shannon, followed by a trip to the liquor store to buy Champagne like it was new years or something! Honestly I don't know how Sarah and Shannon drink so much Champagne. Then off to watch Sarah and Sud's baseball team play, followed by a game of Botchi. Sushi breakfast and alcohol in the first real heat of the year, sent me over the edge. Spinning-head hit in the carride and didn't stop until I got home and ate 30 minutes later. Super glad I didn't continue on to the Burgon's!

But before all this I went to the annual Army and Navy shoe sale! you gotta be aggressive, those ladies push and shove and had mouths like sailors! Luckily I escaped with my life and three pairs of shoes and a purse. 2 pairs were $9.99 each and the 3rd pair was $29, the purse was $11. deal! looks like I'll be wearing heels all summer

Update on the garden- 2 types of lettuce looking good, the carrots have been reseeded after some sort of animal crawled in the window box and dug them up! I'm convinced it was the Easter Bunny. Peas are coming along, won't be long before I'm eatting them. Planted cucumbers, beans and radishes yesterday. The cucumbers don't grow on a vine, they grow on a bush! have you ever heard of such a thing? I still have to pick-up a tomato plant and strawberries. This is going to be the best garden ever! Last night I bought corn on the cob- first of the season- oh so good with BBQ'd potatoe!

As for the worms? who knows, I looked in last night, took a longtime to find the worms, doesn't look like they've done anything to the spinach I threw in last week. I gave them some tomato and water, we'll see if anything happens.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Between Micah's bike lane stories and your veggie garden.. . Its like crack for the brain after a dull day at work!, keep up the blogging!!

Oh, and you must be in heaven - fresh organic produce... The perks of living on the west coast, i know, i know...

Theresa

Hilary said...

Actually I dunno if it's going to be organic. The dirt is organic, but I couldn't find a liquid organic vegitable fertilizer. I planted onions last night around my lettuce. I think that slugs and snails probably don't like onions. I cheated and bought more lettuce- that are already about 4 inches tall.

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

Drinking mass amounts of champagne takes practice. Shannon and I are pros. Do not attempt without a trained professional. We are happy to train you in this art for a fee.

Hilary said...

sweet! free champagne!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh gardening. Someday I will be able to take up this wonderful hobby. Meanwhile, I am working on sewing and knitting. Oh and lots of reading of course.
Hilary, I got your book. (Yep, I'm home now.) Thanks! I will read it this summer.

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»