CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Bunnies love carrots, not eggs!

So now that classes are over I got to watch Sunday morning TV. I dunno if it's because it's Easter or what- but there was nothing on.

I'm going to Whitney's tonight for baked tofu and parsnips. Let's hope she didn't make those Jewish Eggs again- for those of you who didn't have the pleasure- they were hardboiled eggs marinated in the shells in coffee, cinnamon and some other stuff for like a week. The shells absorbed the liquid resulting in grey/brown hardboiled eggs. They looked suspicously like rotten eggs.

I have found a book that sounds really good "Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping" by Judith Levine. She literally didn't buy anything, no grocery shopping, no new clothes nothing. Apparently she managed to save $8000. I'm not too sure how she lived, but I think it sounds interesting. Maybe that's how I'll save $ for the cruise!

On a sunny note, my peas, carrots and 2 types of lettuce have sprouted! I decided that flowers are a silly thing to grow, this year I'm only growing food. I found a website that has tons of info about veggie container growing. If I can figure out how to rig it up, I'm going to suspend planters from my balcony, above the neighbours house and plant beans in them. Did you know that you can grow pumpkins, pickle plants, zuchini and squashes in containers? Neither did I, I'm not going to try it. Does anyone have any suggestions for what else I should grow?

2 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

I saw an interview with that author on the TV. She tried to buy only "essentials". Which basically meant she did not go to movies ect. It sounded boring but she did say she got to know her partner better and lost some weight! And $8000 over a year doesn't sound like much...maybe if she saves $20,000!

Hilary said...

Whit says the eggs were slow cooked in coffee, and onions over night. Just imagine. Coffee, hardboiled egg and onion all rolled into one taste!