CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 03, 2006

Who knew Worms were expensive?

So on a much sunnier note.
The co-op doesn't allow composting- fear of rats and racoons. So I have been horrible and throwing all my veggie scraps out. Which actually adds up to be a lot- I'm a veggie-tarian! I remember in one of the Katima-houses they had a worm compost. You set it up in a little rubbermaid tote, the worms do all the work, it doesn't smell and voila -dirt, recycling and happy worms. So where do you get the freak'n worms man? I dunno. Mail order apparently $25 for 1 pound, but 1 pound of worms sounds like too many mouths to feed. Plus $25? am I cheap, or does that sound like a lot to you too? Apparently they aren't earthworms, they're red worms.

Jeez, veggie-tarian, saving the seals and worm composting- sounds pretty west coast to me! Actually it's really west coast. Did you know that if you live in the city of Vancouver (which I don't) and attend a workshop (which I wouild), city hall will give you the bin and the worms? Hmm, whitney....don't you live in Vancouver? :)

0 comments: