CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Worm Revolution

I think this worm thing is going to catch on.

So after a lot of hinting, Whitney caught on that I wanted to sign her (ie ME) up for the Vancouver City Hall worm program. I think I've managed to talk Shannon into taking some worms later and starting her own composter. She is a non-recycler. Hasn't recycled anything since she moved out from her parents 10 years ago. I have been trying to guilt her-telling her that she is destroying the world that Kassie and Kaitlyn will have to live in. But the worm thing is an EDUCATIONAL program for the daycare kids. Maybe she'll do it.

So after finals I'll sign up for the workshop and get myself some worms. After like 2 or 3 months, the worms will have done their work, voila dirt, and lots of baby worms. So in a few months, I can set YOU up with worms. I won't even charge you the $35/pound. Although maybe I should. I could become a worm farmer- maybe that's where I'll finally make my millions. Although to make 1 mill, I'd have to sell 28 571.43 pounds of worms- that's a lot of mouths to feed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the St John's Katima-house; they kept that bin right in their kitchen didn't they? There's a good book on vermicomposting called Worms Eat My Garbage; I forget the author but you should still be able to find it.

Hilary said...

Thanks for the tip Micah. I know the book, it's part of a series. I'm surprised you know about it, oh but wait you work at Chapter's, you probably looked it up right? And you're right it was the St. John's Katima-house.

Anonymous said...

As for the book, I saw it at Earth's General Store in Edmonton. I can't remember if I borrowed it from them or from someone else before that. Earth's General Store lends their books! And other things too; they're hardcore about community.