CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 02, 2007

Guilty Pleasures


I never walk down the cookie aisle. But when I do, I always check to see if Viva Puffs are on sale. I love them. Cookie, jam, marshmellow and chocolate all rolled into one cookie? Yum.

There are other rules besides that they have to be on sale. Only one treat per grocery shop. Everything else in my basket has to be healthy. Essentially I shop to impress. Do you ever look at what other people are buying and make judgements about what sort of person they are? I do. The hot guy that is buying 5 package of meat, is probably not the guy for me. Or people that don't buy veggies. I don't know how they survive. Anyways, I want people to think, wow, she's a healthy eatter. I know, so stupid. And that's where the one treat per basket rule came in. No one will ever think that I am a healthy gal if all I'm buying is junk food. Seriously, what would you think if the person in front of you at the check out was only buying junk food?


So what's your guilty pleasure- food wise?

2 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

I just did a big grocery shop and I can tell you what I splurged on...carbs, of course!
I bought Carr's water crackers which are a no-no because I slather them with butter or top them with cheese. I also bought gourmet tortilla chips from a local restaurant that I love. Lastly I bought bread (whole wheat at least) which i also slather with butter. Overall those are 3 things supposed to be banned from the house along with peanut butter, Nutella, cheese, cookies, chocolate & raisin bread.
The rest of my cart was filled with fruit and veggies, thankfully. The diet isn't completely ruined!

Micah said...

I judge, too. What is all that: pop and chips? And frickin' cookies and ice cream? I mean, I buy those things (well not pop), but not exclusively those things. I also buy yogurt and whole-grain bread and fruit and cheese and sometimes soy milk if I think I'll drink it all before it goes bad... but those people who do buy just junk, you can't help but look at them and think to yourself, 'yup, that's why you're 300lbs!'