CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Vegan Lunch box blog

I have a favorite blog that I visit from time to time when I need inspiration. It's called the vegan lunchbox. It is written by a stay-at-home mom (and now author) who packs amazing lunches every monday for her son.

I mean amazing.
The tiger is fried tofu cut into a shape with nori on a bed of sushi rice. And there is a packet of soy sauce in the shape of a fish, with vegan doughnut holes.


Everything is vegan, and super healthy. This was a favorite week of mine. Fruit salad, blanched asparagus with soy sauce and sesame seeds, sushi and a cherry nut fruit bar. So this is a lunch for a teenager right? Wrong!!! He's in kindergarden. (Now he's in grade one). And yes, he eats all of the food. Each lunch is rated by the kid.





I liked this week's lunch too:



It is "chilled Japanese buckwheat noodles topped with a sprinkle of nori and served with a flavorful dipping sauce. This time they are appearing without their traditional sidekick, daikon radish, which shmoo [her nickname for her son] didn't care for. But I did pack some edamame and one of my favorite fruit combos: fresh kiwi fruit mixed with fresh blueberries."

So if you need a little inspiration when packing your lunch, go check out her blog at: http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/



2 comments:

DANCE MONSTER said...

Wow! That is soooo cool!! I hope I can be a super mom like that one day.

Anonymous said...

Wow. that website is amazing. I've made it back to March 2006 so far, can't wait to read the rest they are so cool.

It's really inspiring to think of all the different ideas for lunches. I have all sorts of ideas now for when Trevor goes to school........ can't wait!!!