CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Seals pt 2



Did you know that the seal hunt started on Saturday? Over 300 000 baby seals will be killed this year. The Canadian government actually increased the number of killings allowed from last year. So why do I have a picture of Pam here? Well not only has she been a spokeswoman for PETA for years, but she is also taking a petition to give to Stephen Harper to end the seal hunt.

"So what." you think? Every year Japan has their annual whaling season. And every year our news programs show the graphic pictures of the sea turned red with the blood of whales. And it's news because it's horrible and we condem them for it. All over the world people see US in the same way. This isn't the image that Canada should have. So sign the petition. You'll feel good about yourself.

http://www.furisdead.com/feat-pampetition.asp?int=weekly_enews

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hilary, I'm not signing the petition, not cos I think we should kill all those seals cos I don't, but because I saw a really interesting resume of the seal hunt on The National last week; this guy talked to the Newfoundlanders and Quebecois who do it for a living and went down to the States to attend a protest against Canada and talked to people from the humane society and went on a eco-tour in the seals' own habitats and... the long and the short of it is that looking at the people who have been doing this forever (which of course doesn't necessarily make it right) I can't make the decision of whether or not they should be allowed to, you know? I hope this doesn't sound completely ignorant of me. :)

Otto, Jacob, Barb & Francis said...

oops i put my comment on the wrong post the first time. Anyway I just wanted to say I signed the petition and after watching that disturbing video I put the link on my site as well in hopes of getting more signatures. I can't believe humans not to mention in our own country do such vile (is this how you spell that?)things. And I can't believe how naive I am in thinking we are civilized

Hilary said...

I haven't watched the video, I can't. PETA videos are too graphic. Glad to hear that you've added the link.