CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 28, 2006

We all have our moments of stupidity

Salem hangs out on my balcony, there is no way for her to get off of it, I leave the door open all day so she can come and go as she pleases. This morning I was making breakfast, when I heard a noise, not a crash, more of a thump. So I go out to investigate. I don't see anything, I figure she has gone inside. I look down to see if anything is amis in the neighbour's yard. Then I see my neighbour standing there, open mouthed. Seems Salem was watching him dig (moving the Rodos finally) and she lost her balance and fell off the balcony, landed on their patio umbrella, bounced off and hit the ground, where she promptly remembered the dogs. 2 retrievers. It all ended well. Thankfully the dogs are training to be seeing-eye dogs, and are well behaved enough to not kill a bewildered kitty when told. 8 Lives Remain.

As for my moment of stupidity:
I was contacted by a guy about a week ago who wanted to buy one of my books. However he wished to pick the book up in person, rather than have me mail it. He sent me several emails, one of which was where he suggested that he pay me cash in person. I hoped he would go away. Instead he bought the book online, from me. So I emailed him and agreed, sure you can get the book, lets figure out a time and place. My Idea: Come to shoppers (where my male co-worker would hand him the book instead of me). His Idea: Can I come by your house between 10:00- 11:30 tonight.
ALARM BELLS
um, no. I don't think that will work for me.
Panic at the disco. So at 12 noon Shannon, Angie, Emma, myself, 3 kids and 4 cell phones await this guy. As we wait we joke that this guy may not be a mass-murderer/stalker, but may actually be super hot and be the guy I eventually marry. In the end he was just some normal guy in a very nice mercedes. However thanks to Shannon, almost the entire co-op knows my stupidity. We now have a new policy in place- no pick-ups thank you very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»