CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 19, 2006

Tarragon


Did you know that tarragon is called the king of herbs? Well it is.
Sarah gave me a bunch of it. I've dried it, but I have no idea what to do with it. Do you have any recipes that use tarragon that don't involve meat or bernaise sauce?

I have also decided what I'm going to do with the patch of dirt at the base of the stairs. Once my loser neighbour keeps his end of the bargain by removing the rhodos (he was supposed to do it 3 weeks ago!) I spent last weekend removing the wysteria. So anyways, I have a small lilac tree, and an hydrangia to plant- given to me by another neighbour. Finally I won't have to steal lilacs anymore!!!! I'm also going to put in a bunch of herbs, most of them perenials. So far: dill, basil, oregano, sage and mint. I'm on the hunt for lemon balm and chives maybe thyme. What am I missing? I also bought a succulent to put in the sunny bit, and a cucumber plant. The carrots are a total failure- lesson learnt. Some of the lettuce is almost ready for the first harvest. Stay tuned for pictures!

6 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

You can mix in some chopped tarragon with chopped egg and mayo for an extra yummy egg salad sandwhich.
You could also make tarragon vineger.
Beware! Mint grows like a weed and will take all the space you give it!

Hilary said...

yeah I guess I could, but I don't like eggs. Hmm, tarragon vinegar? But what would I do with the vinegar?

Why did you buy this spice to start with?

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

it was an ingredient in the chicken tea sandwhiches I made for the shower. I thought I would use the leftover in Bernaise for Suds' requested artichokes, but ran out of time.

Hilary said...

Hmpf! Artichokes! Didn't I put in a request too?

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»