CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 09, 2012

Jesus, My Tummy hurts!



Happy Easter.  On one of the blogs I read, the author explained that Jesus was a zombie.  He died and then raised from the dead to walk the earth- that's what zombies do!  Plus the buggers are really hard to kill, and it seems they had a tough time killing the Jesus dude too.  It's a good argument, think about it. 

I've had a four day weekend full of awesome weather, family visits and lots and lots of exercise.  Unfortunately I feel like crap.  I should be feeling hella awesome, but my stomach hurts.  There are 2 possible culprits: 
1.  I bought a bag of Indonesian mini roasted peanuts.  I used to love them.  They don't really fit into my diet, (raw fruits, veg, nuts and seeds) because they're roasted.  But I'm letting myself cheat as long as it's vegan,.  I was being hard on myself for the odd cheat, but then I came to reality, my cheats are cooked vegan food.  On the scale of cheating, that doesn't even rate.  But anyways, nuts aren't super digestible, so maybe I over did it.  
2. the assholes at Starbucks screwed up my order and put milk in (instead of soy milk).  I thought it tasted funny, and I checked on the side of the cup, and sure enough the bastards had screwed it up.  I'd already drank half of it, and it seemed a waste to throw it out, so I drank it.  Or actually, I drank 3 or 4 more sips until the thought of what I was drinking made me gag, and then I dumped it.  Stupid?  Yeah maybe.  About 5 years ago I watched a documentary by Woody Harrelson called Go Further which features him on a mission to inform America about environmentalism.  In it, he talks about how milk contains blood and puss.  This little piece of information helpfully popped into my mind as I had a mouthful of milky latte in my mouth.   Yuck!

So yeah, upset stomach.  I used to have an upset stomach frequently, like at least 4 times a week- even after I found out I had Celiac disease and cut out all gluten, I never felt 100%.  When I made the switch to raw vegan, that changed almost instantly.  There was 1 or 2 days at the start when my body went into some sort of panic over the amount of fibre.  But other than that, I haven't had any tummy issues in ... like 4 months.  That in itself is motivation to stay on the raw vegan thing. 

Enough moaning.  I have some good posts coming soon!  I have been snapping away like a Chinese tourist while on my hikes.  The next post will have lots of pictures.  Plus, I updated the links section that was very out of date.  Yay!

0 comments: