CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 31, 2012

kick'n butt and decorate'n

I had plans to go on a walk/run today, but the torrential rains quickly changed my mind.  I watched a couple TV shows- Once Upon a Time because it was recommended to me (it's alright) and Californication (a favorite of mine).  Then I made myself a goal, do some major spring cleaning, or as I like to think of it.... aerobic cleaning. 

I switched out my winter clothes for my summer clothes (early, I know, but I'm optimistic) and washed every piece of clothing I own.  I like to wash everything every once and a while.  The wood scent of my cedar dresser seeps into my clothes if they sit in there for too long.  I don't like that scent, so I take the opportunity to purge a bunch of my clothes while I do it.  I figure if it sat in my dresser for that long, I don't need it.  I cleaned out my closets, getting rid of a ton of stuff, I moved all of my furniture and cleaned under it.  I found out where my cats have been hiding their toys (under the couch).  I had Deadmau5 pumping on Pandora and before I knew it, I was redecorating my living room.  It feels fresh and new, like I just moved into my home.  Best of all I worked up a pretty good sweat. 


My sister sent me this picture from Pinterest earlier this week. I had thought of doing something similar. Last summer I bought a sticker tree but didn't get around to putting it up.   My version isn't so awesome.  I thought it was going to be a lot bigger.  I'd have to put teeny tiny pictures on it, all the frames and pictures I have would overwhelm this little sapling.  I might just leave it as is.




Not bad I think.  The biggest change is in my bedroom.  It was a disaster.   It's the only room that I can close a door on, so if I need to hide something away, chances are it was in there.  Boxes, recycling, vacuum, clean clothes in piles waiting to be put away, bills, etc etc.  I find the messier my room, the poorer I sleep.  I should sleep like a baby tonight.

I'm hoping that tomorrow the weather is better, I have a trail in mind I want to do.  

0 comments: