CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Today was grocery shopping day.  I like grocery shopping for the most part.  I like checking out what's available and deciding what I''m going to buy.  As if making those decisions are big life decisions.  It's so satisfying.  And then!  (Now this is the really bitchy part of my personality that I try to squash)  I like looking at other people's grocery carts and I like to judge them for their choices.  (Ugh, I know.)  This is a really bad thing.  But when I see someone buying 6 frozen pizzas, diet coke, ice cream and fruit loops, I just can't help it.  Now when I see a cart of junk like that, I like to look at the person and see if they match the food in their cart.  I am always disappointed if they aren't obese.  Like, how are they eating total garbage, and not fat?  But those are few and far between, usually, people match their food.  I wonder what people think of me sometimes.


Today I was checking out the organic section, marvelling at how good the prices were today.  So I grabbed two 5lb bags of apples, a 5lb bag of oranges and then the pineapples were under $2 each, so I grabbed two of them.  I was making my way back to my cart, lugging about 20lbs of produce, when I noticed I was being watched.  A middle aged man was looking at me like I had 3 heads.  Apparently I was the only person that bought like 50lbs of produce today.  (???)  I was contemplating asking the produce guy if I could buy a case of bananas or coconuts, but then I decided the guy that was watching me would probably lose his shit.  Here I thought I was just buying a bit of fruit, but to others, I was a total freak.  Oh well, I guess there are worst categories of freaks out there.


Edit: I came back to this post to add something really profound.  But in the 30 seconds it took me to get here, I forgot what that was.  Must start writting things down...

1 comments:

That White Girl said...

I judge people on their groceries too. One time I was in line and the middle-aged guy in front of me emptied his basket. Contents: 18 boxes of Lean Cuisine, 3 extra-large chocolate bars and an econo-size bottle of hand lotion. I had a VERY hard time not laughing; I nearly lost it several times.