CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 02, 2012

spring time


Ok, it doesn't look like spring.  But I'm back walking at one of my favorite walking places in the sun, and that makes it feel like spring.  Actually it was really cold, and my nose started running, and I was forced to be super classy and use my sleeve.  :)   In the fall I kept wanting to take a picture of this stretch of the path when the leaves were changing, but there were always too many people in the path.  This was the last week of February, and I had the path to myself.  Too bad the colours are so drab.


I thought I spotted a lookout through the trees last time.  This time I decided to check it out.  It's a lot of slippery stairs to get there, but the view of the lake was pretty good.


This weekend, I decided to go to the garden centre and say goodbye to winter.  Did I mention it snowed like 2 days ago?  I'm pretty happy with my new container ($9) and $8 for the flowers.  They are growing in organic soil.  But I didn't buy the soil for them.  In between the flowers I sprinkled salad green seeds.  When the spring plants are done, the lettuces should be on their way.


I'm very ambitious this year.  I'm growing parsley and cucumbers in these little pods.  In the past, I haven't had great success container gardening fruits and veggies.  I'm going to give it another go.  I have also talked Dad and Judy into doing a patch of kale for me.  I dropped a package of kale seeds in their mailbox on my way home.  That will probably really confuse them.  It's like a drive-by involving kale.


And if that wasn't enough, I also bought a sprouter!  Sprouts are supposed to be so good for you, and taste good.  I don't usually buy them at the store because they are expensive.  This set up was $14.99 including the sprouter, and 1 bag of mixed beans and peas, and 1 bag of sandwich sprouts (radish, alfalfa, clover).  I'm most excited to try the bean mix.  They should be ready in about 3 days.  Stay tuned for an update.

AND.. I'm going to have to have a discussion with the Canucks staff.  Why are they moving out all the hotties.  I had a whole post planned for Byron Bitz.  They better call him back up for the playoffs. 

0 comments: