CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 29, 2007

Wonders of the World

I got a post card from Sarah and Ryan today. It was of Victoria falls, one of the 7 natural wonders of the world. This got me thinking, how many wonders have they seen? I thought there were only 7 wonders. Actually there are 7 wonders of the ancient, medievel, modern, natural and underwater worlds. There are a few other categories, but I think that they are a bit of stretch.

How many wonders have you seen? I think that Sarah and Ryan will probably win this contest, but you never know Karen may win this weeks challenge too!! If you aren't sure about some of these wonders, you can click on them to find out more.
THE ANCIENT WORLD, I think that only one of these still exists.
The Great Pyramid of Giza
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
The Colossus of Rhodes
The Pharos of Alexandria

MIDIEVEL WORLD
Stonehenge
The Colosseum
The Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
The Great Wall of China
The Porcelain Tower of Nanjing
The Hagia Sophia
The Leaning Tower of Pisa

THE NATURAL WORLD
Mount Everest
The Great Barrier Reef
The Grand Canyon
Victoria Falls
The Harbor of Rio de Janeiro
Paricutin Volcano
The Northern Lights

THE UNDERWATER WORLD
Palau
The Belize Barrier Reef
The Galapagos Islands
The Northern Red Sea
Lake Baikal
The Great Barrier Reef
The Deep Sea Vents

THE MODERN WORLD
The Empire State Building
The ItaipĂș Dam
The CN Tower
The Panama Canal
The Channel Tunnel
The North Sea Protection Works
The Golden Gate Bridge

I have seen 3 wonders, the CN tower, northern lights, and the Golden Gate bridge.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm I posted a comment yesterday and it didn't show up???

anyways it said:

Sadly I can't claim this weeks prize, I have only seen two of the modern wonders, The Golden Gate and The Empire State Building.

Otto, Jacob, Barb & Francis said...

the cn tower a wonder?! and to think i never knew as i was trying to freak out my mother and uncle on the glass platform that i was doing it in a wonder of the world... anyway, with the golden gate bridge and the northern lights (which are super cool) i have you tied!

Micah said...

My most recent sighting of the Northern Lights was last January on an airplane, flying from Calgary to some point east. I had a window seat, as I always do, and as we were flying east I looked out my (left-hand side) window and what to my wondering eyes did appear but the glowing, shimmering Northern Lights! They kept us company for a good half hour, I'd say. Nice! (Also the only one of the wonders I've seen.)

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

Sorry to blow you all out of the water but...
I have seen 10 (i think we have seen Artemis, we were in Ephesus...)
Pyramids
Temple of Artemis
Great Wall of China
Hagia Sophia
Tower of Pisa
Great Barrier Reef
Victoria Falls
Northern Lights
CN Tower
Golden Gate

Suds beats us all with 11 adding in the
Colosseum
Harbor of Rio de Janeiro
(but without Pisa)

Anonymous said...

does this mean that suds wins the romance novel prize?