CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

just plain strange

Ah, the internet is a wonderful place. Sometimes I find the most bizarre things. Sarah and Shannon fondly remember me sharing my last strange website "The Shenis". Google it if you are not at work. It might be the best modern invention, sadly storage and portability of the Shenis is a problem.

Sometimes I like to keep these little discoveries a secret; other times it just begs to be shared. I have been trying to decide if I should share my latest bizarre website. Originally I had planned on buying everyone gifts from this website. Sadly, they are not set up for web orders, so I thought it my duty as a blogger to share. So what is it you wonder? Well, I've noticed a lot of flavoured bottled water on the market in the last year. I'm not a fan of flavouring water because I think that plain water is really very tasty. I guess for other people it's hard to drink enough water. So how do you make water tasty to non-water-drinkers? And how do you make your water different from all the other bottled waters on the market?

Screw traditional flavours like strawberry and lemon-lime. The folks at Meatwater have come out with some really different flavours:
~Beef Jerky
~Beef Stroganof
~Cheese Burger
~Chicken Teriyaki
~Dirty Hot Dog
~Fish'n Chips
~Hungarian Goulash
~Italian Sausage
~Peking Duck
~Tandoori Chicken
~Texas BBQ
~Wiener Schnitzel

They are also working on an Escargots flavour- yuck. Being a non-meat eater, none of the flavours sound very appetising. However, I do think they need to consider adding smoked salmon and capers to their product line. They have a contest looking for the next flavour. I already suggested Smoked Salmon and capers, so don't be trying to steal that one. I'm curious what the ingredients are, I suspect it's all artificial flavourings otherwise it would be called soup stock rather than water. Obviously this would be a novelty purchase, but I wonder if it might actually catch on. http://www.dinnerinabottle.com/

2 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

how did you find this website? Did you google meat water?

Hilary said...

I can't remember. Maybe it was a blog of note?