CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 03, 2008

...And we're back.

I don't know about you, but those 8 to 10 business days just kind of flew by! Last night I got home to find a huge box waiting for me with bright green stickers saying "Attn: Please hold for technician installation!" Well, I figured since I'm a pharmacy tech, maybe I could handle opening the box.

Sure enough it was my power cord- totally not from Future Shop. I guess they ordered it from somewhere else and the other company sent it to me overnight Fed-Ex. Yeah! The strange thing is that it is the exact same thing that Gateway told me was no longer available. Goodbye old computer! Back into the closet you go.

Lets go on a tangent. When I was in Hong Kong and Thailand, I saw lots of signs with really bad English. This week I did a bit of dollar store shopping- I'm sure everything I bought was from china. I bought a little package of caramel candies (the individually wrapped square ones). I haven't had them in years and years- pretty yummy. As I always do, I read the ingredients to make sure that I wasn't eatting something I'm allergic to. The second ingredient. "Whoire milk" Probably supposed to be Whole milk, but I still had the mental picture of a dingy 3rd world milk shed full of Whores waiting to be milked. Maybe that's why this item ended up in a dollar store- 1 little typo completely changes the meaning.

Thanks for all those who emailed about the movie review. The next review is probably going to be Reservation Road- never heard of that one either. It can't be any worse than Darjeeling Limited- which I thought would be about tea.

0 comments: