CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Music


Some people are forever losing things, and others rarely do. I'm the second type. I had only lost 1 set of keys, 1 ring, 2 earrings and some socks in the course of my life. A few weeks ago I went to Choices and bought too many groceries to walk home. I called a cab and put all my stuff on a table as I was waiting. When the cab came, I gathered my stuff and left. About an hour later I started to wonder where my MP3 player was (and the brand new headphones I bought 3 days before). By the time I realized, it was too late and my stuff was gone.

I was really angry at myself for about a week and a half. I don't lose things. Since then, the world has been pretty quiet. My 45 minute commute to and from school is really long and walking to Safeway isn't tons of fun anymore. I don't like that I have no option but to overhear other peoples conversations on the bus. I like being able to drown stupid people out. Working out, again, is fairly boring. Ever tried to work out to the music in your head? What am I supposed to do if I'm not listening to music? Whitney suggested thinking or daydreaming about celebrities. I discovered that I don't have enough interesting thoughts to fill the time. I don't think it's very surprising, I was raised in the age of video games.

Even though I was angry at myself for my absent mindedness, I was a little excited at the idea of buying a new MP3 player. I found "the one." But it was full price, and I decided to punish myself further and live in a boring world until it went on sale. After 3 weeks it has finally gone on sale, and I bought it today! Isn't it pretty? It doesn't have any buttons, it has a touch screen, and it can hold pictures and do a slideshow as I listen to music! I chose to have it shipped to my house instead of going and picking it up in store. I like new toys, so I opted to have it arrive after I'm done midterms, so I can focus. No more trying to entertain myself by thinking!

0 comments: