CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 04, 2007

End of an era

This just in:

A Thank You Note
We wanted to let you know that the time has come for a change. As of Sunday at midnight, Z95-3 is no longer.
We can't thank you enough for your support of Z over the years. We really appreciate it.
On Tuesday, you will hear a new radio station on your radio at 95-3 FM.
We hope you like it. We think you will.
Best Regards,
The Team at Z95-3


OMG! Good thing I didn't waste my time collecting Z-points. Remember when z-95.3 first started, and how it was big competition for LG-73? Remember when you made the switch to FM? Remember how important it was to get your Z-sticker? Z-95.3 will always remind me of Ace of Base, "Sex, Lies and Audiotape" with Rhona Raskin and 90's techno.
Truly the end of an era

5 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

I am in shock! Suds was listening at midnight and said it suddenly switched to the old Abbot and Costello bit, 'Who's on first...."
No warning at all; it's so sad!
I don't understand why it went under. What is the number one station in Vancouver now, the Fox?

Anonymous said...

Russ had a guy trying to sell him advertising spots for the shop on Z95.3 last week. You'd think if they were changing they would have told him it would be a new station.

I will always remember Shannon and my Z95.3 experience. There was a song by Enigma out a long time ago, and the song creeped me out. A few wierd things had happened when the song was playing. So one day my phone rang and this creepy voice said.... Z95.3FM then hung up. So I turned on the radio and the song was playing. I must have been pretty naive not to realize it was one of my freinds playing a joke on me. Months went by before Shannon finally told me it was her!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

O.k. Karen that is really funny!! I did LOL!

Anonymous said...

YOu did it?? LOL too Funny

Hilary said...

apparently the beat has been the #1 station in vancouver for a while now