CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Vintage

What was old, is new again. This seems to apply to just about everything. Clothes, home decor, hair styles, shoes etc. But there are some things that we just don't seem to want to revisit. Like the giant cell phone.
Remember this bad boy? Just look at that antenna! This a cell phone that cannot be lost. How many times have you been unable to find your ringing phone in your huge purse. You dig and you dig, people stare while you frantically search for your tiny phone. You leave it behind at home and work. And how in god's name do you pick the perfect ring tone that really represents you as a person?
But the giant phone solves all these problems. If you don't have 10 pounds of cell phone attached to your belt, you are definately missing something. There is no digging for this phone, it's easy to find. No more ring tones to choose from, there is only one.
I remember seeing these cell phones on Saved by the Bell, and thinking that Slater and Zack were soooo cool.

4 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

Ring tones are supposed to represent you as a person? My ring tone is SexyBack by Justin Timberlake. What does that say and should I change it?
What would do if you saw someone walking down the street talking on one of these? That would be hilarious!
It could also double as a weapon if you were assaulted.

Micah said...

My grandparents had one of those phones back in the day... back when they were called car phones. And it had to plug into this huge battery or something, with one of those twirly phone cords. What a clunker!

DANCE MONSTER said...

I still have my old Nokia...it's not as big as that bad boy but I did have someone ask me recently if I was carrying my home phone around. Kevin & Joel refer to it as the "Zack Morris" And by the way, sadly, even big phones are hard to find in your purse!

Anonymous said...

gosh, well maybe I'm the only one that has judged someone by their ring tone.

Like today the hot guy on the bus. I was eyeing him a bit until his phone rang. His ring tone was "Red High Heels" by Kellie Pickler! What does that say about him?

Sexy back is the perfect ring tone for you, Sarah. Do you do a short dance to your ring tone before you answer?

by hilary who is fighting with blogger. they wont let me post.