CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

funny and scary

No posts for the last little while as I had entered midterm-hell.

I have a couple stories for you:
I was reading messages in a bookseller forum when I read that Anna Nicole Smith died. I thought "oh my god, is this true?" So where did I go to find out the truth? Perez Hilton. I went to a gossip columnist for breaking news. The irony of this hit me as I was waiting for the page to load.

My other story is from a few weeks ago. I was on the bus heading home about 8:00 at night. I young teenage girl got on the bus followed by a middle aged guy. He sat by her and was really in her personal space. Psychology student that I am, I was analyzing the body language. It was more than a little weird. Too close, really wrong. The girl got off at my stop followed by the guy. She goes left, so does he. She stops, goes right and so does he. She stops again, and he asks her which way they are going to go.

So for some reason I jumped in. I asked the guy if he knew her, he says that he is getting to know her. So I ask her if she wants to talk to him anymore. NO. I start telling the guy to leave and he starts telling me that he isn't planning on hurting her. (I never said anything about hurting her, which makes me think this is exactly what he had in mind.) This escalates until I am yelling at him and eventually he backs off and both the girl and I high-tail it home. This is so not like me, I don't confront creepy guys on the street and yell at them. Anyways, when I got home I realized how stupid that was. And then like 2 days later it occured to me I should have called the cops.

1 comments:

Otto, Jacob, Barb & Francis said...

i don't think you were stupid, that was super nice and maybe you saved all of lower mainland of a headline .... but yah you should have called the po po. but again the main thing is no one got hurt. good job pshyco/cop hilary. you are too funny i can just picture you yelling at that guy.