CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pet Peeve

Huggggggggggggggggs

The internets solution to not being able to physically hug someone.  Every time I come across this little sentiment, the first thing that comes to my mind is... Fuck off.  If the intent is to give the person some comfort, then use your words.  Express something that has some meaning.  A word does not have more meaning the more g's you add. 

There is a raw food website/forum that I belong to.  I joined when I first went raw, but stopped checking in because one of the main moderators cannot write a sentence without typing Hugggggs.  It's included in her emails too.  She sent me a hugggggg for my birthday.  I respect this woman less and less and I would punch her in the arm if I ever met her in person.  I just popped in to the forum to see what's up.  Huggggs flung all over the place.  It looks like this hugggg thing is catching on with the other middle aged women.  Now everyone is doing it.  

Thanks for the hugggggg, sending you a huggggg too! 

Fuck off.  I can't stand it.  I'm not a hugger in real life, and I'm not a virtual hugger either.  I only know one person who actually uses the multiple G approach online.  I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog, but just incase you recognize yourself in this.  Take my advice, stop it.  No one wants your fake huggggs. 

Does this annoy anyone else or am I alone on this?

0 comments: