CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Gas Tax Tuesday




All day long I kept hearing people moan about the cost of gas and the new gas tax. I've never cared about gas prices because I don't drive. But that is all soon to change, I am planning to buy a car in the fall or winter (because I have to). I really want a hybrid or smart car, but I can't afford it. After doing a little Internet searching, I found that there are plenty of eco-friendly options out there if you aren't going to go far or aren't wanting to go fast.


At first I saw electric scooters (like motorcycles, but smaller.) I was surprised to learn that in BC, you don't need a licence to be on the road with an electric scooter. It doesn't really make sense to me, why should you be allowed to drive on the road without a licence? Sounds kinda dangerous to me. And then I found electric tricycles! A trike is so much more my speed and seems a lot safer. Some of them have peddles and other types don't.





Can't you picture me on this scooter? So cute. If only I could find a pink one! I could totally grocery shop and commute to and from work on these! The best part is that they are cheap, starting at about $1000, and the best part of all, no gas!




Can anyone else picture themselves cruising around the city on one of these puppies?

0 comments: