CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

By Request

For some reason my scanner doesn't want to work, so all of these pictures are pictures of pictures. Don't mind the crookedness of the snaps.

This is my grandmother's aunt and uncle and cousins on the Capilano suspension bridge. The building in the background was built in 1911, so this photo was taken sometime after that.



This same family had a big farm near what is now Central Park in Burnaby. This picture was taken on the farm. The contraption is a steam powered hay-baler. I think this was taken durring the first world war as there is a dude in unifrom.



Way back in the day Surrey was all farmland. My great-grandparents had a farm, and drove their produce to market across the river by horse and wagon via the train bridge. This picture is of my great-grandparents, my grandmother and my great-aunt Ivy circa 1917. Before he was a farmer, my great-grandfather was a gold miner in the Yukon. He proposed to my great-grandmother (who was still in London) on a postcard. On the front was a picture of him, a tent, his cows and his employees. He asked "Can you picture yourself living here with me?" She must have been crazy.

0 comments: