CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

studying for exams and procrastinating

The last of the snow pics. I don't remember why, but I was up at 5 am taking pictures. The view from my front door. I didn't realize, but my neighbour is standing in her kitchen looking at me.


Salem's foot prints along the balcony rail






I met up with Whitney on Sunday, we looked at couches, Army and Navy and did a little christmas shopping on Columbia street. Little did we know that it was also the Santa Claus parade. Not a problem, we went to the Boathouse and ate some appies and had a bottle of yummy wine.

So this has been a big week in the book biz. Not for sales though....This week I sold a book to someone who lived 2 blocks away from me, strange I think. But unfortunately I had to refund the purchase. It was my first refund ever- a pretty good track record. I have managed to keep my 100% customer approval rating, total bonus. And today I actually signed up with Canada Post as a business. If I get one of their credit cards and ship online (which I normally do anyways) I get an 8% discount. But the real bonus is that my credit card will have my business name on it Salem Books.

This got me thinking, if I actually register as a business, could I write off Salem's food and cat litter as she is my business partner? She smells the books for me (if the book is smelly I don't sell it), and she also tests the stickiness of the packing tape. I wish I had a picture of the day she got super-sticky packing tape on her whiskers and I had to cut ALL of her whiskers off. But that was before my digital camera days.

2 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

hilary you crack me up! I think you could only right off Salem's food if you took her out for lunch and expensed it!

DANCE MONSTER said...

I bet she would like sushi.

These snowy pictures are gorgeous!