CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 14, 2012

Just like I'm 10 years old

Hi!

I just called in sick, it sucks, but you all benefit from an unscheduled blog post. 

So on the "diet" front, I stuck pretty close to the 80/10/10 low fat fruitarian way of eating since vacation.  (Side note- while on vacation I hit my realistic weight goal.  My unrealistic weight goal remains not even in sight).  At first I struggled with hummus withdrawal, but once over the hump, I found most days I was actually eating around 5% fat when I could have been eating roughly double that.  But then I also have had a few days totally off plan.  I had a couple of days when I ate a lot of rice because the fruits and veg in town were awful or too expensive.  Since then my stomach has been really upset.  I figured it was sushi sickness- the sickness my sisters experience immediately after eating rice. I thought if I went back to my usual diet, it would go away, but it didn't.  It was also about this time that I ate fruit at my staff breakfast party.  It dawned on me this morning, that maybe my real issue is that I got glutened from that breakfast.   I haven't been glutened in more than a year, I had a good run.

This morning I was getting out of my pj's and into some comfy I'm-staying-home sick-clothes.  I recently went through all my clothes and got rid of a bunch of clothes that were too big.  I also found some new clothes that I had never worn or had forgotten about.  Today I'm wearing a Camp Olave t-shirt that I got when I was a Brownie.  I think I was 9 or 10 years old when I got it.  I always liked it and now I'm really glad I kept it.  I didn't ever think I'd be able to wear it again though!  Thrilling. 

Note to self, figure out how to undo the "take a crappy picture" setting on your iPhone.

1 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

Woo Hoo Hilary!!!!
PS by 9 or 10 you are in Guides. I can't believe you forgot. I also can't believe you kept a tshirt for 20 years you never thought you'd fit into. Don't make me take a flight to Vancouver to clean out your cupboards again!