CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 09, 2012

Bad customer service from Shaw Cable

This was going to be an angry, ranting post about my hatred of Shaw cable.  I'm over it now (okay, not totally over it).

Earlier this week my internet/cable promotion ran out, and I was offered a better deal by telus.  I had tried to make arrangements almost a month ago to end my service, but was talked out of it  by the phone reps.  I was told I didnt need to do anything until the day my promo ended and I would be billed for 2 additional days.  Long story short, 3 different phone reps gave me wrong information, which has landed me with a bill for over $100 for internet and 6 days worth of cable.  I was angry that had I done as I originally wanted, I would have owed a lot less.  I called in to complain, and got a really argumentative woman who at first wouldn't let me speak to a supervisor until I finally insisted.  The supervisor was not helpful either.  I was really surprised that he would not honour what the previous employees had told me.  Instead he insisted I was wrong.

My original plan was to switch to the competitor for a couple of months until Shaw offered me another promotion to return.  I had never had any sort of problems with Shaw up until now.  I had been with them since 1998, and expected them to apologise for the confusion, and make it right.  Instead I am a disgruntled customer who will not return.  I was going to file a formal complaint with the commissioner for telecommunications and the BBB, but I decided it wasn't worth the mental anguish.  Shaw cable is rated "F" with the BBB, so I assume they have no interest in responding to the complaints they receive.  And really, it's not about the money, I just wanted an apology, I didn't want to be told I was a liar. 

Shaw cable, you have won the award for the worst customer service I have received in my entire life.  Chester, supervisor at Shaw cable, I will not be sending you a Christmas present, and from now on my code word for asshole will be Chester.  "Stop being such a Chester"  "He looks like a real Chester".  It works, don't you think?

1 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

I like "Chester" I will adopt it into my vernacular in the hopes it goes international.