CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Worrywart

I'm not too sure how this happened.  But... Hi my name is Hilary and I am a worrywart. I don't think I've always been a worrier.  It just happened.  Someone recently pointed it out to me, and I argued how ridiculous it was because that was not me.  ....And then they proved me wrong.  As I was explaining out what I believed were logical thoughts I had while in a situation, I realized, "oh crap, I really am a worrier."  Now that it's been pointed out to me, it's everywhere!  It's like all of a sudden, I see Waldo, and now I can't stop being able to see him.  It's amazing that I really could not see this in me at all.  Did you know I am a worrier?  Why didn't you tell me?


Eg.  Today I was to drive out after work to the Wack.  I saw that they were calling for thunder and lightening and rain.  I hate driving in heavy rain.  So for like 2 hours at work I worried about it.  Should I cancel?  Should I risk it?  But I went, and while there the skies opened up, thunder storm!  I immediately thought: Oh No! I'm going to have to drive home in this, it's going to be dangerous, I could get in a car accident, etc etc.  I thought about maybe sleeping over if the rain didn't stop, or maybe driving the back road home.  I waited for my take-out dinner to be ready and by then the storm had passed.  So I drove home.  Hardly any traffic, the roads were wet, but fine, and not a single drop of rain fell.  I spent about 4 hours thinking about what might happen, but didn't happen at all.  All that energy spent on worrying, and it was all for nothing. 


So that's the way I think all the freakn time.  So annoying.   


Awareness is the first step to making a change, right?  This is one of the things I'm working on in this: The Best Year Ever.  This is turning into a blog series, things I'm doing to make this the best year ever.  So if you're out and about with me, and I'm doing this, ask me why are you worrying? 

0 comments: