CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Where to next?

I've been asking myself this a lot lately. 


In three months time I will be moving to .... somewhere.  I had planned to put in a transfer to the city, but now I'm starting to think this would be a bad idea.  The cost of rent has increased about $100 in the last year since I moved away.  When I do the math, this only makes sense to do if I don't have a car.  Since I'm buying a car this week, it might not make sense for me to sell it so soon.  I think I might be putting myself in a worse financial position with the cost of living in Vancity.  So what are my other options?  Coquitlam.  A couple years from now, the skytrain will be running out there.  But then I think of Miss New Wave by Matt Good, and he makes Coquitlam sound pretty depressing.  Or Burnaby or Surrey or New West, are options too.  It would be much easier to get together with friends than it is now.  Something I am definitely looking forward to.

In three months I will have some say in where I get placed, but not a lot of choice.  But in six months time, I can put in a transfer for anywhere.   So where to?   


I'm sort of playing with the idea of making a big change.  I've been hmmming and hawwwwing about requesting a placement in the Nelson office.  Could be awesome!  The more I get into the raw vegan thing, the more I think it would be great to live in a community where there are raw vegan restaurants.  This is why I wanted to move to Vancouver, but guess what's in Nelson?  A raw vegan deli and a juice bar!  Along with a bunch of health food stores and a great farmers market.  Hmmm, can't you totally see me living there? 



Other places I considered but are off the list? Masset- I would love to visit, but probably not live there.  Victoria- maybe in 5 years.  I was really hoping that there would be an office in Whistler or Pemberton.  No luck.

What do you think?  Nelson or bust?

1 comments:

DANCE MONSTER said...

Come to Calgary! We have a room in a beautiful house to rent all in for $500.00. Tons of well paying job opportunities here too. :)