CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 16, 2011

return to baking

Okay, I've picked myself up and climbed out of the sad-sack I was in. Still reading The Secret, focusing on the positives, not letting myself sabotage the good things that come my way. Fear not, this is a happy post!

I haven't baked anything in about 2 years. I had some pretty sad failures in my attempts at gluten-free baking. Nothing is worse than making a big batch of something and then throwing it out. Before going gluten-free, I baked a lot, I enjoyed baking. I started to enjoy it a lot less when everything I made turned out like crap.

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night feeling sick, but couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I've been glutened, Old Dutch Ketchup chips struck again. This is the third time. Their website says the chips are gluten-free so I always figured something else I ate had made me sick. Third time? I'm pretty convinced. Piss on you Old Dutch Chips!

What is the best cure for gluten sickness? For me a liquid diet, with my pj's infront of the TV while checking out gluten-free blogs. I found a new blog with a really yummy pumpkin spice muffin recipe. I had a new multi-purpose baking mix I hadn't tried out yet (I'm not even sure why I bought it) so I made a batch. Maybe it would help me get my mind off the pain of the gluten-monster destroying my intestinal tract.

The results? Flipping amazing! I don't think anyone would be able to tell it was gluten-free. Light, moist, pumpkiny. Yummo!

Tomorrow I'm off to the new office in Chilliwack, wish me luck!

0 comments: