CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day one

Day one? Of what you ask?

Last week was a tough week for me, in a new office, feeling pretty insecure, and isolated. No body likes a whiner do they? I decided to do a couple things that make me feel good and hopefully turn things around. I'm going to do two 30 day challenges at once. My inspiration came from a couple of blogs that I started following. The first : http://www.yourinnerskinny.ca/category/blog/ it's written by a guy who lives up north and is really into fitness. (yes still obsessed with all things northern). What I like about his blog is that he has good youtube exercise videos that don't require gym equipment. Right now he is challenging people to do a burpee a day for 30 days. Today I did eight burpees without stopping, and tomorrow I'll do nine, then ten the next etc. Sounds do-able. If you don't know what a burpee is, google it.

The other blog that I'm following is http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/. This blog is written by a vegan, raw, Californian yogi. She is the most ripped woman I have ever seen in my life. I would love to be half as muscly! She has some really great recipes, she is inspiring me to try and eat more raw. I have always wanted to try going raw vegan, but I thought it would be too hard. What I learned from her website is to not think so black and white, I can just eat more raw foods, I don't have to go 100%. I find the hardest thing for me has been cutting out dairy, so instead, I'm just eating less dairy. Baby steps.

The next blog that I am loving http://kristensraw.com/blog/. This blog is written by a vegan raw body builder mommy. She's hardcore, my sister says she's insane. She looooves protein shakes. I can understand this, I have drank a vegan protein shake almost everyday for the last 18 months. I love the taste and I love how I feel just by upping my protein intake. She is also a big fan of juicing. I have juiced in the past, but nothing too exotic. These days I'm being more adventuresome, I just polished off a cucumber, celery, apple juice. It was fantastic. My other favorite? Carrot, spinach, red chard, orange. Before I would have called bullshit, but it really does taste good. This is the other part of my 30 day challenge, I'm going to juice everyday for the next 30 days.

I think drinking juice everyday is pretty doable too. I'm not taking it too the extreme like Dr. Ali. Who's Dr. Ali? Well he is a vegan raw guy who ingested nothing but juice for 92 days. No eating, nothing but juice. Incidentally he's also a guy I used to get high with in high school. Dude did a total 180, let me tell you. If you're interested in he has some good juice recipes : http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRawFoodDoctor#p/a

So this is my part of my plan, focusing on the things that make me feel good. It should be a great month. The only downside is that it takes a while for the digestive system to balance out. Words of wisdom: increase your fibre intake slowly. This is part of the reason why I am juicing instead of eating whole fruits and veggies.

2 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

I call bullshit on the getting high in school part, otherwise, you go, gurl!

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

Also I believe your raw muscle yogi forgot to mention she is a retired stripper who gave her daughter her stage name.
Just sayn'