CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 30, 2010

Yes.

I just realized that May 1st marks two years being gluten-free! It feels like longer, not because I feel punished, but because I've lived so much more in the last 2 years. Being sick every day for a decade really hampered me. In truth, it almost killed me. My new co-workers will sometimes make comments about how I'm missing out, or how they feel sorry for me. I don't miss gluten! I have had nightmares that I accidentally eat gluten. Who would miss the stuff that nightmares are made of?

I am steadily reading Gluten-Free Girl's book, savouring every word. She is a genius and totally inspirational. I could go on and on about her. But I'll end with her most important lesson: we aren't saying "no" to gluten, but saying "yes" to life. So why should anyone feel sorry for us gluten-free girls?

0 comments: