CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 09, 2006

More books up for grabs

I have done a small cull of my books.
-Do you like Grisham books? I have about 8-10 paperback copies that are mostly in good condition. It's not worth it for me to store them any longer- there are around 300 copies of each for sale on Amazon- selling one of my Grisham books would be like winning the lotto. If you want them- and you don't live in Moncton (sorry Micah the postage would kill me) they are free for the taking.
Also up for grabs
- moving beyond words by gloria steinem
- about 15 VC Andrews books
- some older daniel steeles and jackie collins books that are on their last legs condition-wise
- stephen king and Clancy are next on the cull list- I have about 20 of them. if you want them
- Slow waltz in cedar bend by robert james waller- he wrote bridges of madison county- I think I have a couple more books of his that can be taken too.
-wanna learn the fine art of microwave cooking? Well if this describes you, boy do I have the cookbook for you!!
- The English Patient- apparently the book is better than the movie

-I have about 800 books for sale, and about 500 books to be given away. I might have the book that you've been searching for. I would love to getr rid of some

6 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

Hil,
I will take Slow waltz in cedar bend by robert james waller and his other books and the The English Patient. When I come for a visit in Nov I will look thru your stash. I may also take a Grishim, a VC Andrews (what happened to the brother and sister lovers?)
thanks!!

Hilary said...

well I don't know if you've heard, but brothers and sisters as lovers is frowned upon in most society's! Sons and Lovers is a boring book that I wasn't able to finish ( I read all but 50 pages) you are welcome to it

Anonymous said...

I liked Sons and Lovers, even if it was a bit slow and frustrating at times. And The English Patient the book is waaaayyyy better than the movie- the latter is a bunch of sentimental slop. So Stephen King: if you have The Talisman, Hilary, I would love to have a copy. Of course I am not asking that you send it to Moncton; that would be silly. But Malcolm sometimes goes out to Vancouver to visit with friends so it might be possible for him to come and get it from you in person! If you have it. And please and thank you.

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

I have read SOns and Lovers and do not remember it to be boring. Lawrences's books are always tough to get into, often I am 3/4 of the way before I care about the charaters!

Otto, Jacob, Barb & Francis said...

do you actually have a bed in your house because even if you have a 3 bedroom place it sounds like you keep books in your kitchen cupboards. never mind selling you should open up a library

Hilary said...

Bad news Micah, no Talisman.

sorry. any other requests- I know I'm openning up Pandora's box aren't I?