CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 16, 2014

A pretty good weekend

Thursday night I walked home from work, it was about 8.5km.  I found a really cute neighbourhood along the way.  If I remember I will post a picture.  It was a nice walk, I plan to do it again.

Friday- busy day!  Got up early to see my old massage therapist.  Since moving, I haven't been able to find a good one out here.  Then I drove all the way to Burnaby to pick-up my jacket that I had forgotten a work the night before.  Then I finally had an x-ray (of a toe that no longer wants to work properly).  Then to Vancouver for a movie, dinner and drinks.  The movie isn't worth reviewing- Monument Men.

Saturday- accidentally slept in until 12:00! I don't even know how that happened.  Despite the late start, I managed to make it to the farmers market before it ended.  Pathetic.  I know it's winter and not much grows right now, but there wasn't any produce for sale.  All I wanted was some kale and that grows in the winter!  Then it was tour de pet store; I went to 4 pet stores trying to find something.  Annoying, but I did find a cool pet store that I will go back to with the nieces when they are in town.  Did a quick spin around Hanan (it's a Korean grocery store that apparently doesn't see many white girls).  I was hoping for cheap fruit, but was disappointed.  Left with some tea and bok choy.   Unfortunately I don't think I'll drink the tea, once I got it home I found the English list of ingredients: green tea and brown rice.  What the hell is rice doing in tea?  Then I came home and set up the new fish tank and did yoga.

Did I share about my fish tank?  I wanted a bigger tank, but didn't want to shell out a ton of money.  I bought a tank on craigslist in a shady part of Surrey, but I dropped it on the ground a couple feet from my car.  It shattered into a million pieces.  Then a lady responded to my ad and offered me a tank for free.  The lady turned out to be my old next door neighbour!  Then another lady in Maple Ridge gave me a box of gravel, décor and a heater.  All in the tank cost me $60. $30 for the tank I dropped, and $30 for a new filter.  The theme for the new tank is kinda zen.  Think Buddha, lucky bamboo and fish from south east Asia. 

Sunday- Had lunch at Gorilla Food- it's a raw food café.  It was pretty good, but not amazing, for raw food it felt like a heavy meal.  I ordered Thai collard green wraps, a salad and a juice.  I'll go back again, and try out a few more items on their menu.  Then it was off to the Wellness Show at the Vancouver Convention Centre.  It was ok. Some products I didn't feel belonged there- like the guys selling life insurance and the plastic surgeon.  There were some yummy treats, and lots of freebies.  I tried kamboucha- not super impressed (fermented tea); and bought some honey lozenges that saved me the last time I had a cold.  I started to not feel well towards the end, and so didn't go back to some of the booths that caught my eye at the start.  And now I have to clean and do laundry.

0 comments: