CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Hong Kong part 3

We had a picnic in the park...Victoria Park? 

Lots of turtles and koi fish

There are always lots of signs telling you what you can and cannot do.  Do not wash your clothes in the toilet?  Was that really such a problem that they needed to make a sign?


We had a drink on the rooftop lounge at the IFC mall

Waiting for the ferry to take us back to Discovery Bay.  Just outside the ferry terminal is place to buy a glass of wine.  Ice cold white wine was sure nice on a hot day.

Terrible picture of me.  Sarah made me wear the poppy.  They sell the paper UK-style poppies.  I always kinda felt that wearing a poppy was a sign of supporting past wars as well as remembering those that died.  I'm not sure I'm down with the current war, but Sarah was having none of that.


This is one of my stupider moments.  I missed my flight even though I was at the airport with time to spare. 

I wandered the airport, watched the Canadian military plane for a while.  Then I walked back to my gate, except I ended up sitting at the gate next to my gate.  I didn't realize my mistake until I went to board and noticed the display said "Taipei" instead of "Vancouver".  I ran next door just in time to see my plane pushing off from the gate.

There was a moment when I was absolutely sick to my stomach.  I ran down to the customer service desk and waited in line dreading to learn my fate.  So many scenarios ran through my head.  In the end, I was placed on the next flight 8 hours later and had to pay a $50 fee, go back through customs and wait 8 long hours. 

Now to say I was paranoid of missing my flight was an understatement.  In the final 3 hours before I boarded my flight, they changed the gate 3 times and the flight was delayed 30 minutes.  I kept checking the board like I had OCD- each time my gate changed, I would pack up and move to that gate.  In the end, I was grateful to be on the flight, even though my gluten free meal was not on my flight, the flight attendants were great at scrounging up fruits and veggies for me to eat.  I sat next to an elderly couple from New York.  They farted frequently.

1 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

Wearing a poppy is not about supporting war. You can absolutely be anti war while you wear a poppy because the poppy is about honouring people who have died in service of our country.
Don't negate the sacrifice of past men and women because you don't support Iraq (for example).
There is no way I'd have the balls to join the military and fight for my country. Wearing a poppy shows support for those that do (and have).

Rant over. :)