CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 30, 2013

Hong Kong Part 2- Ocean Park

Part two of my trip to Hong Kong.  We all spent the day at Ocean Park.  This was the day when my cold was really bad.  My throat was so sore, I think I only said 10 words the whole day.  Despite my plague-like cold, this was one of my favorite days in Hong Kong.
 
 
 



 

What a cheery looking sting ray




This was a tube shaped aquarium that was at least 2 stories tall.  The fish swam in schools, it was really very cool looking.

The shark tank

I'd never seen a panda before.  Luckily they were feeling very photogenic that day

I really liked the penguin exhibit, it was like walking into a freezer.  We all had to bundle up, even still, it was probably 5 degrees.  Not even that cold, but it in comparison to the temperature outside, it was very refreshing.

I had never seen a walrus either.  He was huge!  In the water he was so graceful.

Ocean Park is built on 2 mountain tops.  Kind of a strange place to put an amusement park. 

The jellyfish were so beautiful!

On the gondola going from one side of the park to the other


Ella loved this ride.  She spent at least an hour going on it over and over and over.

Red Panda- looks more like a racoon with a bad dye job

 
 
 
I really liked Ocean Park, however the food was shit.  The food was very Asian.  All over there were these flattened deep-fried squid stands.  They smelled so strongly of squid, I was gagging.  Normally, it wouldn't have bothered me so much, but I was so sick that day.  The locals were loving it up.
 


1 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

looks like a fun trip :)
We love Ocean Park and as soon as it cools down we are going back