CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

PNE!

Well! I finally had a day off. What was the first thing on my list of things to do, besides laundry? The PNE with Whit and Rod of course!



In the beer garden listening to Dal Richards with the blue haired ladies.


After lunch and the beer garden, it was time to check out my favorite part of the PNE, the barns!


Ok, this picture didn't really turn out, but that is a newborn calf chewing on my finger. No teeth, so it didn't hurt, the calfs at dad's house have teeth, and are a no-finger zone.


I love goats, they have got to be the friendliest farm animal. And once again the pig whisperer worked her magic. Pigs love me. Too bad I didn't think to snap a pic of Momma and piglets coming over to say hello to me.


And then it was time for the beer garden again. I didn't know that there was more than one beer garden. Actually, I don't think I've ever stepped foot in the beer garden before. Sadly my camera is a battery hog, and it ate through all the batteries I brought with me, so there aren't any pictures of the motorcross show or the lumberjack show. Whitney and I agreed that the lumberjack show was the best show.

Whew! Managed to escape the PNE without watching Superdogs. It's not that I don't like the show. It is a good place to rest your feet, but I never look forward to the show and don't understand why it's such a Vancouver favorite.

No, I didn't buy a ticket for the prize home. I didn't like the house very much. There was sponge paint on the walls circa 1992, and black and gold tiled bathroom that screamed 1985. I decided to save the $25 and treat myself to something else.

0 comments: