CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Whitney's Birthday/ New Year

We've all been slowing down on the blogging. What's up with that? Shannon? Sarah? Karen? It's time for y'all to update.

~

Okay now that I've called out my 50% of my blog reading audience, I have an update!

~


A few weekends ago, Dad and I celebrated Whitney's birthday. Whitney is a absolutely addicted to cheese, so a massive cheese and wine basket was the ideal gift.




~




Sarah and I also got Whitney a Kiva loan. Whitney's loan went to a woman in western Africa named Christine who owns a shop that sells fabric, alcohol and snacks. She will repay the loan within a year at which point Whitney can either loan the money to someone else, or cash the money out. This is Christine:


~




~




Then it was off to watch a bit of the Chinese New Year Parade. We were a few people back in the crowd, so it was a bit tough to get any decent pictures. I remember the parade being totally different when I saw the parade 20 years ago. It was a little repetitive. Every group in the parade had a dragon or two, and drums. We watched for an hour and left just as it started to rain.

~




~

So many dragons. Some were better than others. This was one of the better ones.

1 comments:

DANCE MONSTER said...

I'm pretty sure that cheese is the perfect gift for anyone! Well...except perhaps those unfortunate enough to be lactose intolerant or vegan:)