CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Opportunity knocking




Does anyone have a vehicle and a couple hours to spare? half a million books are going on auction on thursday in Coquitlam. Prices should be pretty cheap, as there is a huge amount of books up for grabs. I want to go and buy a pallet or two (that equals about 4000 books) depending on the price. But there is no way for me to do this without a vehicle.
What will you get for your efforts? Gas money, eternal gratitude, dinner and drinks and one hell of a workout.
Where are the books going? possibly to a storage locker at Braid station. Or else to my living room....
Anyone interested in helping me? I'm 100% serious
Thanks to those that offered their services, very much appreciated! A friend emailed me a ton of pictures of the books. I was not too thrilled, the books were good, but not the type that would fly off the shelves. Normally I wouldn't care how long it took for a book to sell, but if I had 4000 books in my livingroom, that's like a whole different story. I'm not sure that I can stand keeping 4000 books for more than 2 months. It would probably take me at least 2 months to list all of them, and then I would have to wait for them to sell. I have visions of Salem climbing the book piles, and I would be found by the police smothered under a pile of books, half eatten by my cat.
Let's not.

0 comments: