CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 23, 2006

In this heat Slurpies are considered required

Just a quick update for those not in Van City. Sarah is back in town, and I always get lazy updating the blog. Anyways, I watched some of the baseball tourney (which they won) got a fairly wicked sunburn and ate far too much sushi. I went and saw Pirates of the Carribean, not as good as the first, but I think thte 3rd one will be really good. Number 2 seems to be just a build up to #3.

Sarah, Ryan and I also went for a day trip up to Whistler- It was a long trip because of the construction, it was nice I haven't been there in years. We stopped for cheese sticks in Squamish I remember them being soo much better. We also stopped off at Warren and Karens in Brakendale and met D-Boz the Pit Bull. The dog has some bad manners! He would run around growling with a ball in his mouth and then run up behind you and while you're standing there, and shove his head in between your knees!

Nana turned 90 on Monday, I went out for possibly the worst food ever at the jiffy wiffy waffle house. It was my first time there, hopefully the last! I also went and picked the apples off her tree, but it's too hot to do any canning, the thought of turning the canning pot on....ugh! Hopefully the weather will change-otherwise I won't get any canning done.

Last night I went to laugh lines- the headliner was really good. The warm up act was a 73 year old gramma. It felt really wrong to laugh at her, and all her jokes were really raunchy, which made it even more uncomfortable. There was hardly any AC in the club, I think I lost about 10 pounds in sweat! I think the club did it on purpose, I didn't even bat an eye at the $7.50 drinks.

As I'm sure everyone in Vancouver is already aware, It is SMOKING hot here. Bus journey's are no longer enjoyable. There are lots of deoderant ads on the bus and skytrain, but I swear no one in Vancouver has ever used any! I am actually starting to long for rain. 2 nights ago I managed to sleep a little with the help of a cold shower and an ice pack. Last night I decided to forget trying to cool my house down. Instead I made a bed on my balcony! I highly recommned it, I was actually able to sleep.

In the last 2 days I have had nearly 150 comments posted on my blog. They aren't from anyone I know. I have no idea why I'm being spammed, but it's getting to be annoying. It's not that the comments are bad- it's comments like "This blog has lots of information for a beginner like me!" They're nice, but there's just too many. So from now on when you post a comment, word verification is required. Just enter the word/letters shown. Hopefully this will stop the spammer.

1 comments:

Otto, Jacob, Barb & Francis said...

hey " this blog has a lot of information for a beginner like me!" -you would think i would have no time for childish behavior like this or maybe it is just rubbing off!! man you sound like francis suffering in this AWSOME weather!! although i used to sleep on our balcony when i lived there and it was great i totally thought it was fun.