CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 04, 2008

let's call it an update.

Have you ever checked a blog daily for months only to be disappointed every single day? There are a couple blogs that I used to read all the time that haven't been updated in a really long time. I don't know why, but I always think that today is the day that something new will be there. No, I'm wrong, nothing new today. Maybe the writer died. Maybe they went to Hawaii with their family. Maybe nothing blog worthy has happened lately.

Ah, the blogger's slump. At first, you have so many ideas, and love all the comments you receive about your posts. But after a while, the comments stop. Why didn't anyone comment on the post that was so obviously brilliant? Pretty soon, you run out of ideas and contemplate blogging about socks. Or worse yet, you blog late at night. At 2 am, the avant garde post about society seems like a stroke of genius only to be re-read in the morning. Did I delete it before anyone read it?

If you haven't updated your blog in a long time, maybe you should. You might have a loyal following who is just dying for new material. (I'm not actually referring to any particular blog, so don't be thinking that this post is all about you) In the meantime, I will hunt down some new material for my own blog.

0 comments: