CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Listen Up Everybody 'Cuz Were Gonna Do Our Thing!


Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!
Pinch me, I must be dreaming. New Kids on the Block (NKOTB) are reuniting and going on tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NKOTB was my first concert in grade four or five. I remember standing in line with my mom at the old Woodwards in New West waiting to buy tickets. We bought the tickets about six months in advance, it seemed like years until the show. Finally it was time for the concert, about 8 of us went with my mom (because we were too young to go on our own). Our seats were up in the stands at BC Place (the only concert I have ever seen in the echo dome). Good thing they had a jumbo screen otherwise, I would never have been able to see them. My god the screaming. 40,000 little girls. Excellent.

Okay, so who's going to go with me? Not sure if you can handle it? Lucky for you I bought a NKOTB VHS tape of their music videos and stuff. All the favorites, Hang'n Tough, Please Don't Go Girl and I'm sure they had other hits. You can borrow it, I don't watch it anymore. I wonder how Joey will reach those high notes? What about Jordan? Joey use to be my favorite, Jonathan was my least favorite. (He always looked a little special to me.) Who will be my favorite now? Start crimping your hair now, and brush off your white Ked sneakers. They're coming....

3 comments:

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

Hil,
you are beyond hilarious!!!

Hate to be the one to ruin your day, but Perez has a blurb from Danny Wood's MySpace saying the reunion tour is a no go. But I totally would have been IN!!
My fav was Jordan, so hot! I think he's a real estate agent now...not hot.

Karen said...

I kind of liked Jonathan, but I think it was more because I felt so sorry for him. I always secretly dreamed that Danny (Wood) was my long lost brother and would come and take me away to meet Joey!!! I think Joey's wife just had a baby. and Jordon was on that show "The Surreal Life"

DANCE MONSTER said...

I would be in for that! That would be a totally different experience 15 years later with a couple of wobbly pops in the system. I was in love with Joey Joe too!! I think I still have some of my old Teen Beat mags around somewhere:)