CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 17, 2007

Squirrel

Yesterday I was walking through Queen's Park when something fell out of a tree at my feet. It was a baby squirrel! It looked a lot like these little ones, but a little darker in colour. I thought it must be dead, because it hit the ground so hard it bounced, but it was moving and crying. After panicking for a minute, and a couple phone calls, I decided to wait a while to see if momma squirrel was around. About 10 minutes later, a squirrel came along and stumbled across the baby. She sniffed it a little and then picked it up with her paws and shoved it in her mouth! At first I thought she was going to eat it, but I guess that's just what momma squirrels do. She scurried up the tree with the baby squirrel, and it was a happy ending.



this picture is borrowed from the yggdrasil urban wildlife rescue and education website

0 comments: